ntsc dvd writing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help
Can anyone help me to convert a dvd home video that I made back in the U.K. I assumed that because my machine back home can play American discs that my dvd , Written on a sony vaio using sony click to dvd, would play over her Now I am stuck in America with disc that no one can watch Can anyone tell me how to convert from pal to ntsc format?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Do a google search, I do know it can be done pretty sure I came across it, but cant thnk where.

Edit
found it I think..http://www.blazemp.com/convert_between_pal_ntsc.htm

but do search 'convert pal to ntsc' a few there

The disk is region 0 but the telvision system is PAL.
Most american, canadian, and japanese dvd player are locked to the NTSC system. A good dvd player that you can pick up here in the states is the

Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 or CH-DVD 300S

You can pick it up at a Best Buy or Radio Shack.
Its the best selling dvd player because....
Its $30-50
Its supports 100-240V natively, so you can take it back to the UK and all you need is a cheap socket adapeter(no voltage adapter needed_
It has progressive scan
Its has PCM and dolby out.
It has svideo and rca out.
It automatically converts NTSC disks to PAL output and PAL disks to NTSC output with no quality loss.
ALSO MOST IMPORTANTLY -> IT IS SOFTWARE LOCKED.
Just google Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 and you will find the unlock code, making this the CHEAPEST REGION 0 dvd player on the market...

Basically, you can take this dvd player all around the world, you dont have to worry about video system, or region coding....cause it will play it all...buy it and bring it back to the UK, I guarantee you will be satisfied.

The hard way of doing this would be either to rip the dvd and convert it into DV or use your DV Master.
Deinterlace your dv video...either ripped or from the dv master...
Run it through Vegas 6 or Adobe Premier to convert the resolution, framerate and video system. I suggest using premier and 23.765 fps since this is the best for PAL -> NTSC conversion and then encode it as a NTSC DVD....

I highly recommend that you purchase the CH-300 thought.....

Sponsored Links
Back