overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet cistern has a habit of overfilling causing flow out of the overflow from the side of our block...

The overflow comes out just under the main soil pipe and is quite tight to the building meaning it drips onto our window sill. This is causing a bit of a problem with damp both in our flat and on the flat below.

Does anyone know if there are any reg's stopping me extending the pipe to an extent well clear of the side of the building - say, 2 feet...?

Sponsored Links
yeah, we're working on that genious!! All attempts (including that of a 'plumber') have failed thus far though so I'm looking for a quick fix until I can solve it.... :rolleyes:

Sounds like cistern`s gone for a burton ,Dave :cry: You can extend the overflow with anything.even a bit of hose as long as the outlet remains visible (to comply with water regs.) ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back