Bosch Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to start a new cycle , will not move off initial pump out step . Very little water at bottom and does appear to be pumping out (poored a cup of water in) i have removed rotor cover and it is spinning freely . i have blown back down drain pipe(disconnected it at sink) and it was quite difficult , may be some obstruction , but i dragged dishwasher out (intergrated) and could not see a way of disconnecting drain hose from machine (goes inside ) Please advise ??

Sponsored Links
It does look like it is pumping out . It will run a rinse program but sticks on pump out at the end . It will not run a wash program.

Tried dishwasher this morning , 1 last time before I call out an engi. , It is working fine now . Can anyone explain this ??? Pleez .

your dishwasher is a hotpoint rebadged more than likely and used a magnetic type pump the pumps can be notoriously unreliable, may it also have been a drop in pressure in your water supply to many variables to factor in without inspecting the machine

Sponsored Links
LaundrySpares&Repairs said:
your dishwasher is a hotpoint rebadged more than likely and used a magnetic type pump the pumps can be notoriously unreliable, may it also have been a drop in pressure in your water supply to many variables to factor in without inspecting the machine

nope cant agree with u there old boy!!
those bosch dishwashers have an anti flood switch that activates the pump in case of a leak.
my guess is the base of the dishwasher is full of water and the float has activated the pump.
after the next wash if it continously pumps try tipping the machine back and if you get a puddle on the floor you will need an engineer to fix the leak!

Called out on engi . He spent 1 and half hours on it at first he suspected the circuit board but , he fixed it and told the wife it was full of gunk at the bottom . he says we need to rinse the dishes better before we stack the washer . I am a little confused as i took out the filter and looked around the pump impellor and it was spotless.

Pipe at the bottom is the lowest part of the dishwasher. All the crud that wasn't rinsed off your dishes has built up in the hose.
Dishwashers are for washing, they aren't waste disposal units, hence the advice to rinse the plates etc before putting them in the dishwasher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back