pump vibrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a gas boiler system. the pump is very noisy, it is rattling, grinding and vibrating off and on and up to 5-10 minutes continuously. does it need oil (on pump says to oil beginning of heat season) or is there air in the system? i just moved into this house and i have a few times turned the temp down when i was going to be out for awhile, could this have caused the problem. i would appreciate any comments, thanks eh!

Sponsored Links
i think you mean the rads? do i bleed all the rads in the house?

No,I mean the pump.The pump have a centre screw which you undo to let the air-lock out.Do it with the system off.
I just noticed you're from Canada,what make pump is it ? Also what sort heating system do you have etc,does any radiator get warm/hot ? warm at the bottom and cold at the top etc..........more info you can give us the better.....

Sponsored Links
theheating system i have is a gas boiler furnace, i am getting heat, the heat from the rads is equal top and bottom. the manufacturer is SA armstrong model 816019-002. thanks

I also have a problem with a noisy water pump. I have bleed the pump as suggested. no joy yet though. I have an old potterton flamingo boiler. it heats the water no problem but it won't heat the rads at all. :( Underneath my water pump there is a little black box. it has three settings, 1, 2 and3. this is where the vibrating is coming from. Does anyone know what this? also has anyone any suggestions?

did you ever get this sorted as I have a similar problem? my pump requires bleeding daily in order to work properly? it is a new pump?

dannyo, its unlikely you will get a reply from either since they both stopped posting in 2004
please read the forum rules (20) Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back