Valliant boiler VCW T3W - how do I increase pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 15+ year old Valliant TCW T3W boiler. The pressure has dropped to below 0.5 and I need to top it up. A few years ago, I watched a plumber do this, but now I can't remember what he did! There are two taps on the pipes under the boiler - one looks like an outdoor hose tap, the other looks like a red octagon with "open" and "close" on it. I recall that it has something to do with opening/closing one or both of these taps. Can anyone help!!! Simple language please - plumbing is not my thing. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
In principle you just open both taps and let the pressure slowly rise to about 1 then close both taps.

But only of there's a flexy hose joining the taps together... :LOL:

Ok - I've opened both taps, but nothing happens - no sound of water flowing, nothing. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If there is a non return valve fitted as there should be then they often get bunged up with dirt.

You may need professional help!

Tony

agree with Agile, you might even need a new non return valve, its not a big job for a professional

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back