Boiler occationally not firing up with hot water demand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, how are you today?
Problem:
I have a combi boiler set up, the central heating is ok however more and more regularly when turning the hot water taps on there is no hot water, and the boiler does not fire up. Turning taps on and off or switching system off from mains power or switchin on central heating eventually the water comes through hot and I hear the boiler fire up. Am going to call out a Corgi engineer of which I have a list in my local area but would like an informed idea of what the problem may be and likely cost. Suspect it is defo not adviceable to tinker myself.
Thanking you for your kind consideration of this matter

Steve

Sponsored Links
domestic hot water diaphragm may have perished. mine cost about 6 quid and was easy to replace

Sponsored Links
Without knowing which boiler you have then its guessing but typically we would charge £106 for a repair including a service in the London area.

Depending on make then to replace the entire diverter would be about £170 instead.

It would not usually require a CORGI unless gas components have to be involved.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back