Potatoe fat pan in Dishwashwer!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help my husband put the pan that we roast potatoes into the dishwasher without emptying it 1st ! The first I knew about this was when I went to unload it and everything is covered in sticky white blobs, we have tried washing it with Bleach and Vinegar and used 2 of the Dishwasher wash things, and taken everything out and scrubbed it. Does anyone know anything else I can try and do to clean this ?

On the plus I know how to make homemade PVA now !!!

Sponsored Links
Surely this is just an excessive fat load? I can't see that vinegar or bleach would can help, they don't dissolve grease. you might try wiping it out with kitchen roll or old rags and throwing them away after. Washing up liquid is surprisingly good at cleaning fat away, but in a dishwasher it has to be rinsed out thoroughly as it makes foam which they don't like.

Once you have got away as much of the fat as you can see, I'd expect a couple of max-hot washes with just d/wr detergent will get it clean.

You may need to take the arms and filter basket out to de-grease in the sink.

It could be tricky if the pump or pipes are clogged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back