AEG OKO_Favorit dishwasher, can't open the door!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved in about 6 years ago, and the above dishwasher was in the house. We don't use it that often, maybe once/twice a month, but we used it the other night, it did it's cycle and now we can't open the door. It's jammed solid (soloniod?) We've tried letting it finish another cycle, power cycle everything, but we can not budge it - thoughts and input welcome

Mat

Sponsored Links
FYI, I ended up dismantling the handle and what I could from the front (no access to inside or anything as it's all screwed into place, and you need to open the door to remove it), mostly by prising bits out carefully. What had happened, is that on the end of the inside handle (depress to open) is the plastic tab had broken. I manged to get s screwe driver in, and open it all up (fuse removed from wall socket) and see wha tto do. In the end I drilled 2 1.5mm holes through the plastic tube, up into the tab, then epoxyed 2 small nails in. Once set, I trimmed and cleaned it all up with a dremel, re-assembled and all working ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back