Worcester 24CDi RSF Pressure Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 24 CDi RSF boiler. It is providing CH & HW fine but the pressure seems to rise of its own accord until it gets to about 3.5/4. This causes a lot water to continuosly pour out of the overflow pipe.

I've made sure that the bayonet key isn't inserted and the fill tap is definitely in the off position

Sponsored Links
I think this might be the boiler that has a history of leaks across the secondary heat exchanger (mains pressure to system). You can test it by closing off the isolating valve on the cold mains connection to the boiler. If the pressure rise then stops it confirms the leak. You'll need to have the secondary heat exchanger replaced.

by closing off the isolating valve on the cold mains connection to the boiler.
Having just spent half a day changing one of those on a cdi which leaked as soon as it was touched (I'm told) I'd be looking for the main stop-cock!

It will be the dhw hx as chris said, one of the very few jobs on this boiler which is simple.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. When you say it relatively simple, does that mean that with limited knowledge of boilers it can still be done?

Last one I took off, there was a plastic part which I knew should pull out but it didn't want to come.
a) you wouldn't know it was supposed to just pull out so you'd be scratching your head and
b) you wouldn't know what to lever against where to avoid breaking it.
Those are the sorts of things which could go wrong for anyone , first time, and a bit more likely if you haven't done similar things on other boilers before, or have the right sort of tools.
There's also a pipe which bends really easily then leaks, O rings and special grease you'll need, etc.

Yeah, years ago I checked with Chaff. technical on adjusting the slow ignition device on an old Brittony (the manual was unclear).

The idiot told me to unscrew a knurled cap - just about unscrewed it and it blew across the room - mains water pouring out and no access to the stopcock/isolating valve. :eek:

Having found it I then shredded my thumb getting it back on.

Lesson learnt - never trust technical helplines been told more bull s**t by them than anyone else. Worst was a very incompetent lady at Biasi technical trying to convince me the burner pressures didn't matter if was a Nat gas or LPG model on an old Savio Acq. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back