Servis W/D not taking in fabric softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Servis Washer Dryer 1300 is just over a year old and has stopped taking in fabric softener. I have taken out the drawer and cleaned it - it had become quite gunky possibly also due to using concentrated softener. My softener is left in the section (I don\\\'t fill it as it\\\'s concentrated) but it doesn\\\'t seem to have excess water in there, so I seem to think the water isn\\\'t getting in. I also haven\\\'t seen the water going in on a rinse cycle.

I have cleaned both the drawer and what I can get at with the drawer being out. I have also stuck a straw up the hole where I think the water comes through, and it doesn\\\'t appear to be blocked in any way.

Can anyone suggest anything? I\\\'m thinking it may be a valve and that I may have to call someone out. I hate my clothes and towels not being softened! I have the washer on just now and have put it to the rinse cycle and have poured a glass of water in with the softener to try that meanwhile.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Not sure if you ever managed to get this sorted. Can anyone advise what the cause might be? There are no problems with the detergent sections filling with water, just the softener section. I too, have cleaned the drawer thoroughly and also the inside of the machine where the drawer sits to ensure there was no congealed softener.

Thanks,

Mandy

Condtioner dispensers usually has a lift-off cover that will reveal a few water channels and one or two short standpipes moulded into the tray, covered by inverted cup shapes moulded into the cover. The channels, standpipes and the cups can get bunged up with residue from the conditioner and need cleaning out.

If all is clean and working you should be able to test it by holding the complete dispenser tray over the kitchen sink and slowly filling the conditioner compartment with water. Nothing should come out of the outlet in the bottom of the tray until the dispenser is completely full, then it should start to syphon itself empty, not stopping until the dispenser is empty.

You can usually check the machine by opening the drawer a bit when it starts the rinse cycle to see if water is feeding into the dispenser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back