anyway to get a traineeship in plumbing in london?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i want a career change out of it and so was wondering if there was any companies doing this in london ( BTW I'm in my 40's )

Sponsored Links
How did I guess

This forum is full of fitters moaning about cheap imported fitters from e.g. Poland, it seems that the bubble has burst

I think you might find it a bit of a culture shock - having to work anfd get your hands dirty, interesting as a hobby, less attractive when you have to go out and compete in the big bad world

Get a contract job abroad - much more fun and much more lucrartive

I know these things

Sponsored Links
Peter, as a matter of interest what do you expect you would be earning in three years time:-

a. in plumbing ?

b. in IT ?

Tony

Agile said:
Peter, as a matter of interest what do you expect you would be earning in three years time:-
a. in plumbing ?
b. in IT ?
Tony

very relevant

taking into account
buying tools
getting the necessary insurance
there is no such thing as getting paid for a 40 hour week
you might expect a holiday
you might get sick
having to chase people up for money
free quoting for a job of work
cost of defending a court action against you
etc ...

well as IT is a young mans game i would not expect to earning at all soon

in plumbing i would guess 20K would be OK

Im 29 and have been plumbing for 3 years (still to complete my NVQ3 and gas stuff) and i earn £7.5K! so if you end up earning 20k after3 years you will be a very lucky and brilliant plumber.

Smug :D :D :D

Best thing to do is to learn all about accumulators and look up simond's profile, his company is so forward thinking and dynamic, they are bound to be looking for workers.

£20k to live in the Smoke :eek: The young blood plumbers need more than that here in the stix :LOL: ........Not to mention the ***** roofers :rolleyes: .........N. or S. of the river?

bster wrote:

Im 29 and have been plumbing for 3 years (still to complete my NVQ3 and gas stuff) and i earn £7.5K

Thats either a typing error or you are being exploited.

For a 40 hr week thats £3.61 per hour :shock

From another of your posts you have said you work for a company.

Are you telling fibs ;)

peterainbow said:

i want a career change out of it and so was wondering if there was any companies doing this in london ( BTW I'm in my 40's )

phone round and ask them not on here

you might try the obvious one

Scatman - I am telling the truth and yes that is what i am paid.

as has been said the bubble has burst BIG TIME

plumbing is to a young mans game, long hours and heavy(ish) work.

dont do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back