I know nothing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of buying the components for a shower.

So far I have bought the shower enclosure, a valve and a shower head.

I hope I don't come across as a bit simple but what else do I need for a shower? :oops:

I have a combi boiler and so far I have gleaned that one doesn't buy a pump when one has a combi.

I\'ve nver actually had to put a shower together before and I want to be forarmed before I ask a plumber to come along and quote for the job.

No sarcastic replies please! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Many plumbers prefer to purchase the components required for a job themselves.

You are likely to find that not all plumbers will want to quote for your job.

I am not being sarcastic, but I have a feeling that some plumbers might get the feeling that you think that you know better what is required than they do and that you are belittling their knowledge and experience.

Are you planning to get a top of the range plumber from the Institute or an East European "Hydraulik" ?

Tony Glazier

PS I am not a plumber! But I do know a few!

I'm confused! I've only bought the parts that are on show and I wouldn't want anyone else making design decisions for me!! Why would they think I know better than them just cos I bought things like shower enclosures and shower heads?

Is a plumber really going to get the hump cos I bought these things in advance? I'm getting them a bit at a time so the bill won't hurt as much.

Of course I'd expect the plumber to sort out all the actual pipes etc as I would inevitably end up getting the wrong stuff.

Am I missing any other vital bit in order for the shower to actually function as I don't have a clue what is actually needed?

Are you planning to get a top of the range plumber from the Institute or an East European "Hydraulik"
No just a local bloke who has been recommended. Not quite what was meant by question Agile (?)

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Got confuse with the quote thing there!! should've read

Are you planning to get a top of the range plumber from the Institute or an East European "Hydraulik"
No just a local bloke who has been recommended. Not quite what was meant by question Agile (?)

Oh for goodness sake... :rolleyes:

Don't worry its perfectly normal for folk to buy the bits they like the look of (often in the diy outlets, so a plumber couldn't have got them any cheaper anyway).
I imagine you'll be getting your recommended bloke to build the thing and supplies, drains etc, for which he'll visit to quote. You might get a bit of tooth-sucking at your choices, but if they're inappropriate in some way obviously he'll tell you.

It wouldn't be helpful for you to get anything which isn't exposed - which only perhaps leaves a rail and hose.

You'll need some soap and a sponge!

Cardiff see, there's posh for you. Haven't even got flannels in Albania.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back