RAVENSHEAT ON FIRE!!!!

Sponsored Links
Well that is very good luck! Shows that the boiler did protect itself even if its only a Ravenheat!

I would say that you were lucky to get someone so honest and who only charged £30.

PLEASE would all the homeowners reading this note that there ARE honest gas engineers out there who are not out to rip you off !!!!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
In this case it is the equivalent of drain out the oil from your car and driving off without refilling.
Nope - the car engine won't cut ignition as a result of overheating caused by lack of oil.

Topping up the water pressure is just like topping up the oil in your car.
Nope - it's much more like topping up the water in the car, but, again, the car engine will keep firing even when lack of water causes it to overheat and damage itself.

Softus said:
Agile said:
In this case it is the equivalent of drain out the oil from your car and driving off without refilling.
Nope - the car engine won't cut ignition as a result of overheating caused by lack of oil.

Topping up the water pressure is just like topping up the oil in your car.
Nope - it's much more like topping up the water in the car, but, again, the car engine will keep firing even when lack of water causes it to overheat and damage itself.

And I hope none of you are silly enough to do any DIY oil or coolant changes and have the sense to leave that sort of thing to a car maintenance engineer :)

(Although finding an honest one of those is probably going to be more difficult :()

Sponsored Links
cucumber said:
(Although finding an honest one of those is probably going to be more difficult :()
Oh good. Plumbers (rightfully) get indignant when they're tarred with the dishonesty brush, and now here you go doing that same thing to car maintenance engineers. :rolleyes:

I can never undertsand why people want to rip folk off changing uneccesary parts, etc. Sounds far too much like hard work for me that :LOL:

Bish bash, repressurise,inspect - jobs a good un. Everyone's happy.

Good to hear it worked out for ya.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back