Stop cock help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people - I think I've got the same situation as many of the previous posters on here, but I'm really stuck.. I'll explain.

My boiler (worcester) has just recently started to struggle in producing hot water - thanks to these great forums I'm now getting ready to replace the diverter valve.
I have to isolate the water feed into the boiler - I found a stop valve in the kitchen which seems to tie up to the feed to the boiler - but its locked solid. I was going to try backing off the collar, but then I thought about what happens if it all goes wrong ? - I don't know where the stop cock is.. no sign of it on the path and no sign in the front garden.
So I contacted Thames water - who basically told me they can't help, without charging and they cannot or won't help me locate the mains feed location into the property.
So - should I go the route of finding a plumber who can locate the stop cock or should I pay Thames a also unknown amount to locate a stop cock ? either way I'm not keen to start work without a safety net..

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Why not just isolate the main water supply using the valve on the boiler itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back