Misbehaving Bosch WFF2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The wretched thing has just started not to complete cycles. It has an aversion to final rinses and spinning, although it will spin if asked to do it manually. Is this a trivial problem, or rather more serious?

Sponsored Links
doubt if it will spin if it hasnt rinsed. have you checked to see if cold water comes in?

put it onto rinse (nothing in drum) and see does cold water come in

Since yesterday, it has got much worse. Now it won't take in hot water to wash and only infrequently takes in cold to rinse. It won't spin at all. The pre-wash light flashes when it thinks it has finished the cycle, but the inlets are clear and the pump works even better now I've cleared out all the rubbish that was in there. I've run out of things to try!

I to have a wff2000 which has served us well for the last 8 years. Until about 6 months ago no problems until it started to finish the program without rinsing and spinning. By starting the program back off with a rinse 9 times out of 10 it would rinse and spin ok. this has gone from now and again misbehaving to now and again working OK.

After stripping down the pump etc and checking the obvious I finally gave in the the wife complaining at me and sent in the washing machine man.

I know the pump works so i told him my story and he watched it do a dummy run until it stopped. He said at this stage it should be pumping so off came the back and he took off the connector from the pump and metered the connector. It was live so back goes on the connector, machine back on and it start pumping. What a star, he says its a common problem on hotpoints as well, cheap connectors, like the ones used inside telephone points where they cut the insulation. Off they are cut and two spade connectors crimped on.

After parting with £15 and very happy he said that we need to try it with a load and see what happens. But it could be the timer. If it is its off to the scrapyard, I can buy a new basic bosch for about £200.

wife comes in and i tell her the good news. full load goes in and guess what. Stops with a tub full of irty water, program says it finished.

Hope someone finds or confirms the problem with this

might strip down the timer for a laugh before I say good buy. You would think that after 8 years , 2 or 3 times a day it should still work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only joking, great bit of machinery, but parts expensive.

:D :(

Sponsored Links
i cant speak for your brand of m/c but most timers you can not take apart since they are "made as one" , some with separate motor control on them.

yes hotpoint do have a connector as described, in all the m/c i fixed never had that problem the conectors were reliable, but if i broke one we used to put insulated spade connectors on instead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back