light in downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to put in a light in my downstairs toilet. Obviously I wish to use a pull switch. Can i put up a light with a pull switch installed between the light and socket and plugged into a 3 pin socket? Very very new to this electric school. Would appreciate any help whatsoever!! If this can't be done I will have to use a battery light instead.

Sponsored Links
If you're that new to electrics, or have any doubts whatsoever, please consult someone who knows what they are doing. Battery lights are no substitute for the real thing :LOL:

In a WC, you dont have to have a pullswitch. Its not a bathroom. A wall switch will suffice.

And it would be preferable to have this wired into the local lighting circuit. If you cannot do this, or do not know how to wire a switch / light, please get an electrician in.

Out of interest, why does the WC not have a light to start with? :eek:

reason why it doesn't have a light in already is because we had a loo put in the end of the utility room and then put a stud wall in to seperate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back