wall hung wc leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a wall hung wc and frame. After fitting, there was a leak from the wc spigot end of the plastic pan connector.

The problem as I see it is that the spigot has a usable length of just 25cm and I think that this far too short to make a good connection with the rubber seal of the connector.

I have tried three different connectors both rigid and flexible, but still get the slight leakage.

The wc is made in Italy and I wonder if it meets British Standards. Does anyone know if there is a minimum recomended length for the wc spigot?

Sponsored Links
whistler said:
Just purchased a wall hung wc and frame. wc is made in Italy and I wonder if it meets British Standards.
Hey, it meeta da EU standard whatta you want , decent sanutary wear like when you hada da Empire...isa Il Duce hisa revenge........alla da tima I take da pizza. You could try one of those drainage black rubber sleeves with jubilee clips ;) OR you could ignore me ...many do :LOL:

My first post on this forum ...... and all I get is stupid replies!

Any sensible helpful people on here?

Sponsored Links
whistler, measure the diameter of the pan spigot.

If it's not in the supported range of size for a standard pan connector, then order (from a decent plumbers' merchant) the correct Multikwik pan connector for that diameter.

Or, after assembling, make an external seal using a good quality mildew resistant sanitary silicone sealant (e.g. Dow Corning 785).

Imgp0277a.jpg

Perhaps your not putting it together properly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

whistler said:

Wassa matta you, gotta no respect :LOL: wadda you expect , we doa this for nothing but the warma glow of helping people :rolleyes:

Nige F said:
whistler said:

Wassa matta you, gotta no respect :LOL: wadda you expect , we doa this for nothing but the warma glow of helping people :rolleyes:

Hey ... Igottaloadsoderespectman. Ialsogottaleakingloo datiwannasortout.

Softus said:

If it's not in the supported range of size for a standard pan connector, then order (from a decent plumbers' merchant) the correct Multikwik pan connector for that diameter.

Or, after assembling, make an external seal using a good quality mildew resistant sanitary silicone sealant (e.g. Dow Corning 785).

The diameter of the wc spigot is fine at about 95mm. Its the protruding length at 25mm which I think is too short. I have considered using a silicone seal, but it shouldn't really be necessary.

Just found the names of the couplings I was on about .............Flex-Seal.....or ....Fernco......from Drain Center (like Plumb Center,same group).......have a look at Google ;)

Nige F said:
whistler said:
Just purchased a wall hung wc and frame. wc is made in Italy and I wonder if it meets British Standards.
Hey, it meeta da EU standard whatta you want , decent sanutary wear like when you hada da Empire...isa Il Duce hisa revenge........alla da tima I take da pizza. You could try one of those drainage black rubber sleeves with jubilee clips ;) OR you could ignore me ...many do :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:
this forum really rocks :evil:

Mr Crow are you saying I`m as silly as a rook :oops: ;)

whistler said:
Softus said:

The diameter of the wc spigot is fine at about 95mm.
That's odd, because at 95mm I'd call it pretty far from being "fine" - I'd call it "disastrously tiny".

Softus said:
whistler said:
Softus said:

The diameter of the wc spigot is fine at about 95mm.
That's odd, because at 95mm I'd call it pretty far from being "fine" - I'd call it "disastrously tiny".

Why? 95mm (or 4 inches if you prefer) is a fairly standard diameter isn't it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back