Heating but no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having refilled the heating system and bled all the radiators succesfully, I do not have any hot water, which leads me to think that there must be an air lock in the coil circuit in the hot water tank. The boiler I have is a Worcester Danesmoor 15/19, with two connections in the top and two in the bottom. I believe one circuit is for the heating and one for the hot water. The only bleed I can find is on one of the bottom connections, but this seems to be on the radiator circuit.

Could there be an air lock in the coil circuit, and if so how do I get it out. Would I have to drain down the hole system again, and refill, if so how do I prevent another air lock.

Sponsored Links
Check for any 'thumb vents' near the cylinder. They are usually brass with a small screw cap on them -open them slowly until water or air is released - do not remove the caps completly as you will have water shooting out of them and its a given that you will drop the cap and end up standing in the cupboard with your finger over the vent for hours on end!

The only thumb vent near the cylinder is not on the circuit that goes through the coil of the tank. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back