Dyson DC 07

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help,dyson runs o.k but after about 3-5 mins turns itself off.If you turn it off and leave it 3-5 mins its o.k again :(

Sponsored Links
would suspect overheating sounds like over heating/overloading protection!!!!!!

is it on an extension with overload protection!!!!!

dont know if dysons have overheat protection !!

try cleaning the fine and coarse filters to improve airflow

No its not on an xtension with o/l protection.But it does act like it has some sort of thermal cut off device,does it ? idont know.Could it be the switch breaking down after a period of load ? :confused:

well i dont know if it has a thermo cut out but it sounds like it to me :LOL:

well all i can suggest assuming you dont know if its lifting properly or not is to
clean the filters empty the hoover disconect the variose pipes around the machine for accsess check for blockages

run with all the pipes and components off and see what happens

i would do this outside incase it chucks poo every where ;)

Sponsored Links
Clean the filters, especially the one on TOP of the motor under the collecting container.

Regards - JB

O.K Chaps and maybe lasses,i have cleaned all filters and its suckin like a real good sucky thing, but alas it still cuts out.Come on people dig deep its in there somewhere :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( :(

mmmm well it definatly acts like its something heating up and cooling down like a thermal cutout!!!!

if its only just started dooing it as a long shot plug it in on another circut probably wont work but worth a try!!!!!

also did you try running it partly disassembled to see what happend!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply B.A i have been on the Dyson site,it tells me some of there models are equiped with thermol cut off devices,now given the filters are clear i am wandering if there is a problem with the cut off device if it has one.I will try to contact dyson.As a matter of fact i did run it without filters it seemed to be o.k but my better half turned it of because of the noise !!! :(

well the idea is basic fault finding for any fault
is to narrow down to faulty area or components by deduction and elimination ;) and by running without the pipework it gets full cooling
and if it still happend you could rule out the pipework as the cause ;)

Baxmax said:
Thanks for the reply B.A i have been on the Dyson site,it tells me some of there models are equiped with thermol cut off devices,now given the filters are clear i am wandering if there is a problem with the cut off device if it has one.I will try to contact dyson.As a matter of fact i did run it without filters it seemed to be o.k but my better half turned it of because of the noise !!! :(
How did you clean the filters ? The one on the side of the motor can be washed and the one on top is best cleaned with compressed air. Even though they look clean airflow may not be what it should be and hence the overheating.

Regards - JB

John b ,i washed both filters in cold water :oops: If i remove the filter that you suggest cleaning with air and run the appliance without it and it runs beyond its "normal" cut out time just to eliminate it will i do any damge ?

Foot note if the "internal short hose" was split would thermal cut out occur. :?:

Open device and bypass thermo on feed to motor - problem solved. At least it worked for me!!

Fin does the thermol cut out stop the vacum overheating and perhaps going on fire in a overheat situation :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back