puma 80 nightmare

Sponsored Links
hi chris
pcb aprox 28 months old and was definatly a new 1 but will have it looked at all the same

hi all

have asked my gas man to help me to describe the different checks which have been made as he will be better able to describe them than myself

the diverter valve was changed and was fine, checked resistance of NTC at all temperatures and it was fine DHW microswtch is making and breaking when hot water tap comes on and the red light on PCB comes on and off as it should modulation board was taken out and visually inspected it seemed perfect, however watching modulation board relays whilst turning water on and off and when attemping to put heating on relay 3 was not moving at all

there seems to be lots of magnatite in system however no evidence of any blockages in both sides of the crossflow heat exchager

when lockout occurs boiler has definatly not overheated

any further ideas appreciated

new diverter valve fitted which has made no difference it obviously wasnt the problem (as some of you rightly told me it wouldnt be) further tests carried out and as all the parts tested are working wondering whether it might be an electric fault although the fault finding guide doesn,t point to it and am getting to the stage where considering replacing boiler as not prepared to have anymore parts changed because it might be whats causing it.
if any one has any other thought would be very grateful
thanks again for all your time and help

Sponsored Links
Are you telling us that another new diverter valve has been fitted during the last week even though we told you it was not the problem?

We did ask you to check if the red light came on when it overheated, you have not told us. ???

If the boiler is banging then it REALLY is overheating and the o/h stat is correctly tripping it.

We have told you over and over again that its likely to be the DHW switch yet you seem to be locked onto your existing engineer who appears to be unable to diagnose the fault. I hope you are not paying him for his ineffective work or any new diverter which was not required!

You have never said where you are, its always possible that you are close to Chris in SW London.

Tony Glazier

Hi Tony

sorry i will try to explain more clearly on central heating mode the boiler locks out aprox 30 seconds after it has been put on, the red light is not on when this happens
I am unable to tell whether the red light comes on when it overheats (ie steam and knockin) as this is quite sporadic and as yet i have not been present when it has behaved in this way to check if the red light comes on or not. boiler appears to work normally in hot water mode and as mentioned the red light comes on and off normally when hot water is switched on and off

I was not charged for the diverter valve being replaced

I am based in Kilburn NW6

thanks

Presumably passed there on the 16 bus today! They have reopened Kilburn Bridge now.

Jakata any day this week.

Tony

Hi

have been away a couple of days and seems like the elves have been as boiler now appears to be working perfectly central heating comes on as normal I have no idea why but will keep you posted

good to know that you are local Tony, as you seem to consistently be on the ball with your answers throughout the forum, presumably I can find your number in the yellow pages should the need arise?

didnt know kilburn bridge had reopened about bloody time

And the A41 in Hendon closed to compensate ...

November the 5th has arrived early this year

Marths says the fire is out now but as usual they are not in a hurry to reopen the road.

Interestingly they seemed to have much larger hoses than normal. 100 mm or 150 mm. I have only seen 50-60 mm before.

Tony

Bit of an update!

The fire was in a nearly finished block of new flats of about 150 units and was getting going when Martha passed at 4 pm.

I am pleased to say that all the plumbers escaped OK !

The construction of the flats was all WOOD to a height of about 7 floors. I have been watching them being constructed and I have told friends that I would not even be prepared to work in them let alone consider living there on account of the fire risk.

I am very pleased that they have burnt down now because had it been October they would have been occupied and hundreds could have been killed.

Hopefully the Head of Building Control at Barnet Council should now resign being thankful that no one died following such a terrible mistake in giving approval to a wooden structure over two floors tall.

The fire at Alexandra Palace about 1987 was caused by welding work. I had a drink in the Palace Bar there the evening before!

Tony

BBC news report and heli photo:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/5173808.stm

A new eco- friendly timber development next to me is going through planning (Southwark council). All this sustainable wood nonsense (probably being shipped half way round the world).

Developers forgot to mention the unusual type of clay we're on and the hundreds of tons of concrete and pilling that will be needed. But Ken likes sustainable, he is easily persuaded and doesn't waste time with small details.

Dont count on it getting Building Regs now !

I thought there was a limit of two stories for wooden framed buildings!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back