Whirlpool DishW\\\'- ADP952

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher will start a selected programme, drain pump works fine, water inlet is evident then after several minutes the green start light flashes continuously. If I hold start button as manual suggests, the green light goes out,I press the start button again but the programme just \\\'toggles\\\' between pre-rinse and end, and therefore doesn\\\'t actually enter the wash cycle. All filters are sparkling,inlet not blocked, any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
The flashing light is an error code. Count the flashes between pauses and post the result here.

Thanks for the prompt response Sleepyhead; as you are probably aware, the strobe is pretty quick, probably 3 x per sec. so can't be absoutely sure if its 20 or 21, lets say 20. Anyhow, it appears to flash 20, then another 20, then 60, then the drain pump kicks in, then continuous flashing until I hold in start button again to go back to square one.

Nah, there isn't a code 20.. It'll be continuous flashing which is actually a single flash. The temperature sensor is faulty. It's called an NTC or a peeler (depends on who you talk to). It's located in the sump of the machine, is a twist fit and can be accessed from the kick plate panel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice SH- is it possible for the sensor to have an intermitent fault? The last cycle it failed to finish was a 70deg one and the water was definately hot. You sound as though you're an engineer or have been; if I ask for NTC part, do you think they'll know what I'm on about?

You're right, I am an engineer. They should recognise it as an NTC, if they don't you can tell them it's also known as a peeler.
The NTC is a common problem and it is possible that it is going faulty on higher temperatures.
The fault codes are a guide to engineers as to the likely fault, Without seeing the appliance I can only have an informed guess as to the problem.
Hopefully a new NTC will sort your machine out.

sorry to be a pain SH, but on any online spares sites I search through, none recognise NTC or peeler; what is NTC short for, or are you able to please steer me to a site that you may use?-thanks

NTC = negative temperature co-efficient.
Post the 12 digit number from your dishwasher, the first 12 digit is the exact model and I'll get the part number for you.

What a star you are!
ADP952WH
854295215010- I believe that this is the model no.
339617003417- I believe that this is the Ser. No.

The part number I have (maybe out of date now but any decent supplier will find the superceded part number) is 481228268012.
I also admit to a mistype. I typed peeler a couple of times instead of feeler. Part is known as a feeler NTC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back