soil pipe angle to stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

we are installing a new bathroom and the soil pipe from the wc has a natural place to run through the outside wall. it appears to have been made before we purchased the house.

however this "hole in the wall" is below the floorboard and under joist hight. This gives us a 13inch drop on the pipe from the WC to the external stack. the pipe runs along a wall before exiting and is about 1.4meters long. A second skin is to be built after the pipe is fitted.

is their any problem with having a drop of 13 inch to the stack on a 1.4 meter run of pipe?

Thanks for any help
Andy

Sponsored Links
shouldnt cause too much of a problem. cant u run pipe under floor and put a bend upto back of pan.

many thanks for the quick responce

unfortunetly i cannot run it under the floor and up as its against the wall in between where anotheter block wall will be built some of which has been built to the first floor and is already above joist hight. A little complecated i know but if the gradient is ok then the easiest way is to run it at the gradient rather than trying to cut some block work out.

thanks
Andy

hi the fall should be 1 in 80 - 1 in 40=16mm to 25mm for every 1m this is because to much fall means the water will not wash the waste away as good as it would be to fast of a flow and leave behind efluent just somthin to consider

Sponsored Links
hi

thanks for that, I have sorted the problem by cutting the hole in the outside wall to the stack higher up. big hole now; but filled easily with block. this i hope has got me into recommended limits.

Thanks for the help nad insight!!

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back