radiators on when heating turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My upstairs radiators are getting hot when the heating is switched off in the airing cupboard.
Yesterday I fitted a new motorised valve, pump and removed the radiators, flushed them out and refitted them.
I refilled the system with inhibitor, flashed it up the heating still came on.
I a suspicion that it might be the anti-gravity valve but not sure where to locate it, any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Any history here? Has it always done it?
I assume you have a fully pumped system (3-port valve and all that), so piping error is suspected. There was another thread here today on the same subject.

It only seems to have started with this problem since I turned the heating off for this summer.
Originally, I thought that the 3-port valve was leaking or stuck letting hot water pass into the heating system when switched to hot water only and with the house being 22 years old I thought I might aswell replace it anyway.
The piping is the same as it has always been, only being altered to fit a new tank but that was just to line it up.

Sponsored Links
Probablt reverse circulation due to incorrect positioning of return pipes.To check allow htg to completely cool & switch on dhw only,go to an upstairs rad & check which way water is flowing in to it.Then switch on htg if flow changes then you have reverse circulation if it stays same suspect 3 port valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back