Wiring Diagram for 2 Gang Switch to 2 Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a lighting wiring diagram for a 2 gang switch controlling 2 independant ceiling lights from a std lighting loop
Thanks

Sponsored Links
jmwhooper said:
Does anyone have a lighting wiring diagram for a 2 gang switch controlling 2 independant ceiling lights from a std lighting loop
Thanks

yes, see sticky for refearance

one drawing for each

I went through all of those and there is nothing that matches the one I'm after. My current circuit seems to be be parallel wiring using the 2 gang switch and 3 core + earth at the pendant to the swtich and the 2nd light. There is a loop of wire in the switch joining the L1 and L2 terminals....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yes - rewire what you have at the moment to what the diagrams in For Reference show - e.g. the first one, but with the cables going to the gangs of a 2-gang switch, rather than 2 separate switches.

Sponsored Links
bas your advocating unnessacery disruptive work

nothing wrong with using a 3+E to carry a permanent live and two seperate switched lives though it may be a little tight at the fittings. I don't have any diagrams to hand but you bring the permanent live down on 1 core (generally the red) and loop it to one end of each switch (generally on a double switch each switch will have its contacts in a triangle, there are exceptions though) then use the other cores to take the switched lives back. depending on the design of the fittings it may be a bit cramped to make all the connections though.

what exactly do you have at each point at the moment? and what change were you trying to make when you ran into this problem?

plugwash said:
bas your advocating unnessacery disruptive work

nothing wrong with using a 3+E to carry a permanent live and two seperate switched lives though it may be a little tight at the fittings.
All very true, but I was basing my advice on the fact that the OP can't work out for himself what's going on, and what he needs to do, and therefore should be encouraged down the path of more conventional solutions.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back