Which combi boiler make?!?!?!

Water Systems said:
Alpha had an image problem. They improved their quality and designs. Many of them have 5 year guarantees. The Alpha CD50 is a high flow combi and will fill a bath as fast as any cylinder system.

The Alpha 50 has an unvented cylinder salesman.

http://www.waterheaterblast.com

looks like a change of mind from the salesman :evil:

Sponsored Links
how many times has this argument got to be aired

violent-smiley-012.gif

Owner Occupier - responsibilities
HSE Advises:
That all gas appliances and/or flues should be regularly maintained and a safety check carried out annually or at any other time if there is a safety doubt by a CORGI registered installer.
A leaflet aimed at all gas consumers is available from HSE and contains information in order to manage gas appliances/equipment safely and the danger signs to look out for.

A. A CORGI registered installer with the required competence to do the particular work should always be used. By law (a) anyone (whether an employer or self-employed) running a business, e.g. a plumber, who carries out work on a gas appliance/fitting must be CORGI registered, and (b) any individual doing gas work must be competent to do it safely. DIY gas work could be dangerous and is likely to be illegal. Landlords must use only a registered installer for maintenance and safety checks on gas equipment provided for tenants use.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
how many times has this argument got to be aired

violent-smiley-012.gif

Sorry kev, you have been a bit quite lately so we thought you would like some action to relieve the bordom :LOL: :LOL:

gordon_mc said:
Hi,

My research so far has told me that Bosch and Vaillant are the better makes, and Alpha does not appears very much. Not that that is everything to go by, but I just don't know what to think. I'm happy to pay more for the best if that is the best thing to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gordon

You will not go far wrong with either the Bosch or Vaillant, and yes everyone will give you a different opinion, better to have at least a 28kw, which will give you a better hot water flow rate, assuming of course someone has at least checked your mains pressure and flow.
There does not seem to be any boilers that are bulletproof, try to find an installer through recommendation of familiy and friends and get several quotes.

I would personally recommend the Worcester Bosch range and have their engineers commission for approval of their extended warranty scheme, costs mind you but will maybe give you piece of mind, and make sure your existing system is flushed correctly before commissioning.

Good Luck.

raden said:
fitz1 said:
...DIY gas work (could be dangerous and ) is likely to be illegal.

You're determined to go for the full half hour, aren't you

That is from the Corgi site. What do you expect. "is likely to be illegal". What tripe! It either is or it isn't. IT ISN'T. DIY Gas work is LEGAL.

:):)

doitall said:
Water Systems said:
Alpha had an image problem. They improved their quality and designs. Many of them have 5 year guarantees. The Alpha CD50 is a high flow combi and will fill a bath as fast as any cylinder system.

The Alpha 50 has an unvented cylinder salesman.

http://www.waterheaterblast.com

looks like a change of mind from the salesman :evil:

Or you could go for a 70kWish MAN infinately continuous combi. It don't 'arf go.

fitz1 said:
A. A CORGI registered installer

*** cut ****

It just doesn't sink in with these does it. They can't be that slow. They are certainly using this DIY forum to promote a self interst group - that is clear.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread why don't you pi** off, you are lowering the tone of the place.

Water Systems said:
fitz1 said:
...DIY gas work (could be dangerous and ) is likely to be illegal.
That is from the Corgi site. What do you expect. "is likely to be illegal". What tripe! It either is or it isn't. IT ISN'T.
It is clear, using your own criteria, that you are quite stupid. You need to learn words and understand what they mean. The tripe being posted is of your making.

Some DIY gas workers are competent, and some aren't. For the incompetent ones it is illegal to do gas work.

It's the opinion of some people that are many more DIY incompetent gas workers than there are competent ones, therefore those people have the opinion that DIY gas work "is likely to be illegal".

Since this site provides scope for airing opinions, it's perfectly valid for the people who hold that opinion to express it here.

If you genuinely want to improve the average standard of RGIs, then become one. All you need to do is get over the humiliation of being rejected last time.

I am going to have to report some of your guys to the hijack police. For the love of God, stop hijacking posts.

Point taken cdg. I apologise, especially to gordon_mc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back