New Invention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llewellyn. So we can look forward to seeing you on The Dragons Den or QVC.

Sponsored Links
Llewellyn.

Do you have a photo on your pc.

Go to

http://www.imageshack.us/

press the browse button and then choose the photo from your files

press the host it button

then copy one of the links into this forum.

Llewellyn said:
I have invented
The patent application in your name is evidence to the contrary; viz:

spigotkr3.gif

and:

spigot2yd6.gif

If you attach a picture of it to an email to one of us we would be able to get it visible for you. eg My email address is visible in my profile - go up a level from here and click on my name.
Until the mods delete it for their unfathomable reasons, it's

chris1dhATblueyonderDOTcoDOTuk
Use the normal @ and .

Sponsored Links
Hi Softus, Thanks for the posting. \the valve was in fact a joint effort, unfortunatly Joe passed away about 12 months ago and Paul regretfully can not afford to invest the money needed to bring the valve to market, hence my use of wording to save lengthy explanations. Hope a pic will be on here within the next few hrs,

Llew

Yer they be:
Sideviewofvalveonrad.jpg

downviewvalveonrad.jpg

picofvalveonrad.jpg

And a clip Llew sent:

APENDIX 1

Features Benefits Incentives

FEATURES
* Made from quality brass, ideal for use in both hot and cold water.
* A precision manufactured product.
* Not displeasing to the eye and being available in both brass or chrome finish it will compliment any type of décor.
* Knurled flange for easy and secure grip.
* Fitted with child and tamper proof grub screws.
* Concealed retaining clip to prevent accidental displacement from pipe work.
* Unique telescopic movement.
* Compatable for connecting to plastic pipe work, with use of adaptor.
* Self-sealing
* Designed to withstand in access of 10bar Pressure
* Designed to accept a drain cap to enable the radiator to be drained making it lighter for ease of removal
* Tested to BS requirements BS 2767-1991 standards *

BENEFITS
* A universal product suitable for all standard central heating systems.
* Total convenience. Unique product and un-rivalled in the market place
* Enables removal of central heating radiators completely from the wall in seconds with out the use of tools.
* Eliminates the need to drain down the central heating system before removing the radiator.
* Eliminates the need to bleed the system after refitting the radiator.
* Can be fitted in the vertical or horizontal position.
* Generally there is no need to alter existing pipe work.
* Eliminates any spillage of ‘gunge’ from the radiator.
* Radiator is removed in under 1 minute.
* No need to employ expensive plumbers.
* Easy removal of radiators for regular cleaning, maintenance and decorating.
* Maintenance free and resistant to additives in the water.

INCENTIVES
* Reasonably and competitively priced for the benefits gained.
* No more waiting for a plumber to arrive to remove the radiators then having to arrange for him to return to re-fit the radiators, and no more plumbing bills to pay.
* Huge savings in time and expense.
* No more spills on the carpet.
* With the use of an adaptor will fit on to plastic pipe work.
* When fitted would be a strong selling feature for new and resale homes.
* Attractive and appealing packaging.
* Clear, precise and user-friendly fitting instructions.

A few thoughts:
1) they're ugly, shapewise - far too fat in the middle
2) they'd have to be plated
3) they're going to leak. Even good quality rad valves leak eventually
4) Cost - I dunno - £200 on a heating system to supply and fit???
5) I don't see a need for them in pro circles, though diyers might like them
6) They're going to get painted - then I expect they wouldn't work
7) get rid of the knurling

Actually - as others will say - don't bother. I can't think I ever would have, or ever will, use them, even if they were free. Sorry.

However clever that thing may be I dont see that I would be able to sell it to my fashion conscious Hampstead clique because it does not add anything to the appearance of a radiator, or rather it looks a bit ugly.

Tony

Note to Softus, how do you explain that your posting of the full name and address of the joint patent applicants sit with your wish that no one mentions your full name and address?

Hate to say this, but they ain't going to sell. Similar devices (but more compact - a rad valve tail piece incorporating a ball valve) have been put on the market but don't seem to have made an impact. My advice would be cut your losses. :(

A chrome service valve in the tails would look better than that monstrosity :eek:

chrome service valve
They can't even make those not leak on CH. Then they get painted , then someone scrapes the paint off to use the screwdriver slot so it looks grotty, then the rusty stain runs down the white paint, and you wish the damn thing wasn't there.

Got the idea Llew?

Agile said:
Note to Softus, how do you explain that your posting of the full name and address of the joint patent applicants sit with your wish that no one mentions your full name and address?
Since you ask, I explain it with abundant ease.

I have no wish to publish my name on the forum, which you know perfectly well. Moreover, the assumptions you've made in the past demonstrate that you know little about my identity other than my DIYnot username. Your attempts to get me to publish my name are knowingly and wholly against my consent.

Llewellyn, on the other hand, posted his hame on the forum, and the patent number, and said that he had registered the patent. The rest of the information is in the public domain. He has not objected to that publication - in point of fact, he has thanked me for it.

Softus you have failed to explain why you have such a firm desire to keep your name and address hidden.

Without a reason stated I can only assume it is to avoid legal action following any bad advice you might give to people.

I do agree that I once mistakenly thought that you were in West London. Sorry about that! Now I know your correct name and address.

Why dont you trip down the A1M and have a meal out with some of us?

Tony

Hi Folks,

Lot of reaction to the Pics, and many thanks to Chris for loading them on the site for me.

The valves are in fact finished in Chrome and I don't think they look ugly, but as they say 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and if they resolve a problem I would think it is a small price to pay.

Obviously all the objections raised would be addressed in the instructions to the end user, such as NOT TO BE PAINTED but there will always be some people who don't read instructions.

Whenever you move a fridge, the stuff inside falls over. Hey that's terrible.

Why not install the ACME Fridge Contents Securing Matrix. When you put anything in the fridge it goes into a special holder. Then you can beat those fallen milk bottle blues whenever you move your fridge.

Don't want one? Same reason. The problem is trivial, the solution (remove the stuff first) simple, and the gizmo is going to be expensive, and a pain.

Just my opinion, speaking as someone who has got too excited about an invention in the past because it was novel, went to the effort of patenting it through the company and then found out that the world was not really interested in it after all, is to do a lot more research on what people really need.

As you are sitting so close to the subject, it is hard to imagine why anyone wouldn't fit their house up with these, whereas in truth, most radiators never get moved once in position. Why would a householder pay out money now, just to save a little bit, if any, in the future. Would a decorator really charge less anyway ? Family and friends will always nod and go 'Yes, That's nice !' or say they would definitely fit them, but not once they have to get their hands in their pockets.

I would do a lot more canvassing of opinions first before you pumped any more money into this, as it could turn out to be no more than an interesting metalwork project and nothing more. Even if this one isn't a winner, maybe the feedback will inspire your next idea and that will be.

FWIW - I think you should go for the same idea, but that could be incorporated into something like a TRV at minimal extra cost or visual impact. It would in effect become a distinguishing feature of 'your' TRVs giving them an edge in the market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back