Thanks very much you guys....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post on this site is just to say thanks as with a little searching and the generous answers of many in here I've been able to install a new shower and in turn stop a leaking internal stop cock.

No doubt I will have some questions later on, but until then thanks again.

Proof the search button does work!

Sponsored Links
I think the thank you is as important as the question, (although you didnt ask one). I always thank, I always feel I can then ask again (its a shame more people dont).

I guess I was lucky that my question(s) were quite common and therefore I had plenty of answers to work on.

Basically they were 1) a leaky stop cock - turned off the outside street stop cock, turned the inside stop cock to off position. Unscrewed the main nut around the spindle/shaft, PTFE'd it and then screwed it all back together, water on and checked for leaks.

2) Plumbing new hot and cold pipes off current bathroom pipes for new shower. Split a push fit and I was amazed how much a little leak can go a long way! Found stuff on draining the system, clearing air locks, etc. Also help on waste pipe back to stack was invaluable.

Manners cost nothing :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back