Boiler Question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - which boiler would be most suited to run nine rads and provide the best hot water flow and value for money? I know nothing about combi boilers but I received to quotes and I don't know how to decide which one to go for.

1. Worcester 28i juniour

2. Vaillant ecoTec 831E

[/list]

Sponsored Links
gimchee said:
Hi - which boiler would be most suited to run nine rads and provide the best hot water flow and value for money? I know nothing about combi boilers but I received to quotes and I don't know how to decide which one to go for.

1. Worcester 28i juniour

2. Vaillant ecoTec 831E

[/list]

Nne of those. The flowrates are too low. Try an Alpha CD50 or the 40kW Worcester.

ecoTEC 831 plus gets my vote.

The flow rate is dictated by;

- how much hot water you want to use at a given moment, for instance, do you bath or shower? If you shower an 824 will do it.

- what the incoming flow rate into the property is. If it's less than 16 litres per min arguably* there's no point in fitting anything bigger than an 831, which is a very well engineered boiler.

*this forum likes a good argument

simond said:
ecoTEC 831 plus gets my vote.

The flow rate is dictated by;

- how much hot water you want to use at a given moment, for instance, do you bath or shower? If you shower an 824 will do it.

- what the incoming flow rate into the property is. If it's less than 16 litres per min arguably* there's no point in fitting anything bigger than an 831, which is a very well engineered boiler.

*this forum likes a good argument

With a decent mains flow and pressure if you want to fill a bath quickly then the Alpha is the one. If you only take showers then the smaller flows will do. But when the kitchen tap is drawn-off be prepared for a drop in hot water flow.

With combis allways get the highest flow rate you can get.

Sponsored Links
The junior is a good boiler but if you can afford it get a wb 30 cdi defiantly worth the money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back