New tap - but still dripping!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mono-bloc mixer tap in my kitchen had been dripping since I moved in. I removed the swivel spout (with both hot and cold turned off) and noticed that water was still slowly welling up from the base of the tap. Called plumber, was advised that the base could not be dismanteld and that a new tap would be needed. Purchased new mixer tap, plumber came and fitted it. But it still drips! Admittedly slower than before, but it definitely still drips. What could the problem be? Could someone help?

Sponsored Links
Cheap tap?

Dirt in water?

Why does the drip bother you?

I have had customers who sit on a chair waiting for the tap to drip, very sad if thats the focus of their life!

Tony

Agile said:
I have had customers who sit on a chair waiting for the tap to drip

H'mmmm, I've been looking for a new hobby.

1. B****y expensive tap.

2. Clean water.

3. It annoys me because (a) it's noisy and irritating - ever heard of Japanese water torture? (b) My water is metered (c) I am paying a professional to do a job, therefore I expect the problem to be fixed.

Sponsored Links
Can you name the tap make and model?

Is the mains water pressure particularly high?

Tony

1. Wickes Mono "Expression" sink mixer

2. No, the pressure appears to be normal.

Pipes are only eight years old.

Tony, thank you for helping .

Should have bought a bristan tap! Some 'bargain' DIY store stuff is cheap and nasty and asking for trouble...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back