Hand Basin Fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
can anyone advise me of the best way to fix a hand basin to a partition/stud wall?
I have bought "special" brackets from plumbase for the job but they dont work.
Any ideas greatfully received.

SparkyUK :)

Sponsored Links
Cut a letterbox out ot the plasterboard and fix a nogin between the studs. screw the bit of plasterboard to the nogin and fix basin.

Cut a letterbox out ot the plasterboard and fix a nogin between the studs. screw the bit of plasterboard to the nogin and fix basin.

Sponsored Links
SparkyUK said:
anyone else?

:rolleyes:

Leave it to someone with more ability than you..You have been told the correct way & sneered.Don`t ask for advice on here again..D*ck head..

Bamber gaspipe said:
SparkyUK said:
anyone else?

:rolleyes:

Leave it to someone with more ability than you..You have been told the correct way & sneered.Don`t ask for advice on here again..D*ck head..

In a really, really bad mood now then :LOL:

Hope Softus isn't getting to you. :oops:

Goddam Yank!
Im not cutting a letter box slot im my wall.
I was looking for REALISTIC ideas to fixing my basin.
Obviously no "professional plumbers", just diy ers here.

:mad:

SparkyUK said:
Goddam Yank!
Im not cutting a letter box slot im my wall.
I was looking for REALISTIC ideas to fixing my basin.
Obviously no "professional plumbers", just diy ers here.
:mad:

And why the hell not.

A. you get a good fixing.

B. you can't see it if you screw the bit of plasterboard back and fill the edges, with polyfiller, and in any case it's behind the basin.

C. We will be fixing very heavy rads the same way this week.

perhaps you were thinking of plasterboard fixings and "nonails"

fix two hooks to ceiling and attach two chains to said hooks. Drill basin with 6mm masonry bit (use hammer action) and screw to basin with 4" screws.

easy innit

superskanker said:
fix two hooks to ceiling and attach two chains to said hooks. Drill basin with 6mm masonry bit (use hammer action) and screw to basin with 4" screws.

easy innit

Actually superskanker that would be a good novelty.

Being a sparky he could make a hammock with cable and have a floating basins, connect a few strobe lights and plug it in.

Magic :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back