Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace my ceiling light. When i took the last one down i found three wires protruding from the ceiling each wire contains a further three coloured wires. Red, Black and Earth. When i attach the light fitting to these wires it blows my 5 amp fuse in the fuse box. there are two wall switches which i think work separately from each other as i have another ceiling light at the front door. This is not working now either. and a wall light with a cord switch which i want to get rid off. Can anyone help me. Please :?: :D

Sponsored Links
Let me guess you connected all reds to L and all blacks to N? One of the blacks is likely to be a switched live. You'll probably need a multimeter to find the switch wire, if you look in the sticky at the top of the electrics forum there are some wiring diagrams in there.

lr2ns.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back