- Bled all rads in house
XXX NO HOT WATER FROM TAPS WHATSOEVER, ONLY COLD XXX
CH system is as follows...
117L MANCO Indirect copper cylinder in the airing cupboard
2 water tanks in the loft, big one and small one behind
Ideal Mexico boiler in the kitchen.

Copper Cylinder:
2 pipes leading in at the bottom
1 pipe halfway up (warm leading up to cylinder, cooling off as it approaches cylinder))
1 coming out of top (when tapped sounded empty/hollow)(believed should be where hot water comes from)
(I think its just over a year old, we moved in 9 months ago)

Through reading many posts in this forum the problem could be an airlock somewhere, maybe a coil airlock (doesn't mean that much to me except I think the coil is in the tank leading from a black plastic thing on top of the cylinder to inside it)
If an airlock in the cylinder is the problem, how do I get rid of it as I can't seem to see any valves to open etc. The 2 knuts on top of the cylinder securing the supposed hot water outlet pipe to the cylinder, should I loosen those to unlock the air?

PLEASE HELP, YOU SUPER-DUPER PEOPLE

A picture of the copper cylinder is here: (cut n paste or click if you can)
http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=148806

Sponsored Links
It will be at the valve, check the Hot water pipe as far away as you can, even better if you can get under the floorboard.

Sponsored Links
Could be an airlock in the coil try and see if there is a bleed nipple coming off the top of the coil as it enters the cylinder

You have labelled up pipes to what you think they are.. you are wrong..also please change the colour of the text in your fotos..impossible to read...try white..& get back ;)

the bleed nipple on the left is what i was refering to you could try and loosen the nut on the left hand side half way up the cylinder to see if any air comes out of that. I think it is air in the coil but you could switch your emersion on to make sure your domestic hot water side is working

Everyone's telling you how to bleed your heating system, when the problem's that no water is comng out of the HW tap, right?

The two systems are separate, you didn't need to touch anything to do with the hot water supply to change a CH valve.
Thw coil in the cylinder is part of the boiler water system, not tap water.

You probably have an airlocck in the HW pipes.
Solution is usually to send CW up the HW pipe from the kitchen. A washing machine hose can be used to connect between the H & C pipes . Then turn on the hot, then the cold WM taps. Let water flow for say 10 seconds then turn C wm tap off. Then try kitchen sink hw tap.
WHen that works you may have to do it with the bath HW tap open to clear that pipe too.

Having drained your CH system you should put some new inhibitor in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back