Kwnmore/Whirlpool Washer....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wont stop filling -in w/ water as water over spills and wont kick to next cycle

Sponsored Links
Start to fill the washer and while the washer is filling unplug the washer. If the washer keeps filling with water you need a new water valve. If the washer stops filling, check the water level switch to make sure the air tube is connected at both ends. Also, if there is a crack in the hose it will not work properly. The water level switch is responsible for stopping the fill and getting the washer to agitate.

yes It stpos filling ones you unplug, so I guess I should check the water level switch. It would be a matter of finding It. Is one of those new washers It only has a few of those touch-buttons on the control panel; the water level,and cold/warm/hot and perm/reg/delicate, thats about It. So you can't just turn the knob and skeep to the next cycle, and i don't see any other access panel. Thank you so much for your repply.

You can access the water level switch on most of these washers by removing the screws in front of the panel and then flipping the panel back. You may have to remove the plastic moldings at the ends of the console to expose the screws.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back