wma34 bearings linked to the wm 55 thred attn breezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok i have the drum out of the wma34 m/c. i have take the big metal weel of the back of the drum it now levers me with the bearings and the big nut on the back

The big nut which the fly weel sits on has to srtight edges.

does this nut losen or do i have to take the bearings out using a hammer chisel or a bearing puller.

How do i get these bearings out.

If the nut does losen how and which way do i turn it how do i hold the drum while i do this ant tips please!

tryed readings breezers long pot in the thred below but cant understand.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42762

can the job be done with a bearing puller .

just called a m8 he has one its a 3 legged clamp like thing

Sponsored Links
you have to remember i left hp some 10 years ago, the instructions i have given were for older m/c's

a 3 legged bearing puller wont work :cry:

as the link you pointed to mentioned we used a special bit of kit that was basicaly nut bolt washer and tube.

the 3 legged bearing puller you mention is for pulling bearings off shafts, not out of housings.

stoping the pulley turning was easy (for hp engineers) we had a u shapped bar you just shoved it in through the pulley spokes into the tub recesses, it stops the pulley form moving, and boy was it a big spanner we used for the nut, it was also not unusual to hit the spanner with a club hammer because when you put the nut back we put "loctite thread locker" on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back