Baxi 105e radio interference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anybody knows how to cure the radio interference from a Baxi 105e (about 3 years old) I would be forever in their debt.

Details: emits intereference peaks every 15kHz on 14MHz band.

I don't know whether the newest control board does this (P/N 5112380)

Sponsored Links
Given the lack of response to your problem, you may want try a big coat

Yes, so much for BS EN 55011 then. Baxi hang your head in shame. And just how did you get a CE mark then......?

Sponsored Links
I have had a Baxi Boiler for 2 months and it exibits the same problem that you describe. By looking at the spare parts catalogue on the web I had found out that the main PCB had been redesigned and now included an EMC Filter on the board. This enabled the Company to delete the seperate EMC filter from the chasis.

The result of this was that a huge amount of RF is present on the RF Spectrum from 500khz up to 50mHz. This was found to be on the conducted emmissions test on the House Mains Wiring.

With ongoing letters to Baxi the problem is solved and the EMC Filter they have installed in my boiler FOC has cured the problem to a major degree. There apears to be a small amount of radiation direct . But this no longer troubles me. The heating performance is totally satisfactory in my view and I would recommend one to a friend.

It bothers me that there may be a large Quantity of these boilers out there contributing to RF Noise polution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back