shower with body jets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an unvented cylinder system

there are 22mm pipes running off this to where the shower will be. unfortunately the shower valve is 15mm, so i will reduce the pipes before they go into the back of the valve.

then i will run a pipe from the shower valve to a tee. from the tee the pipe will split. it will run upwards to a divertor (for a shower and hand held shower). the other pipe off the tee will run towards a stop cock for the 4 body jets.

my queries are:

1. do i use a "manifold" for the 4 body jets? (ie the pipe will run from the stop cock into the manifold and then the water will split between the 4 outlets).

2. the manifold seems to be 22m on the inlet and then 10 mm onto each outlet. will i be able to use another reducer (that is, increaser) to go from 15mm to 22mm, without causing any problems or loss in pressure?

3. can i safely use further reducers to go from 10mm to 15mm between the manifold adn the body jets?

4. can members suggest a better/easier method? or recommend a suitable manifold to do the job?

Sponsored Links
Pressure drop is due to cumulative losses in pipe and fitting resistances. It won't make any difference whether you go from the 15mm valve up to 22 then down to 4 x 10, or just from 15 to 4 x 10.

You might find the internal waterways of the mixer are only 8mm!

Well water will come out. How much, depends on the pressure available and the flow characteristics(resistance) of each of the bits of plumbing you connect to it - counting right back to the street.

If you have mains at 1 bar you're unlikely to be happy!

Sponsored Links
instead of using a manifold system, would it be better to use a "pressure balancing loop" for the body jets?

if so, are there any preferred items i will need to build this loop?

It would be normal to have (a) valve(s) to alter the balance of flows between the jets. Don't recognise the phrase you use.

If you're on a water meter your'e either rich or you haven't thought this through. Don't come crying to us when you get your water bill.

Hope it's a big cyclinder.

If you're on a water meter your'e either rich or you haven't thought this through. Don't come crying to us when you get your water bill.

Hope it's a big cyclinder.

Body jets, Iaks you? You don't have to buy stuff just because bnq sell it you know!

1. i am not on a water metre
2. cylinder is about 5 foot high; seems pretty big; my other shower has a 12 inch rose and there's masses of pressure of that one, even when i run th bath at the same time. this particular shower is very close to the cyclinder, if that makes any difference?
3. Paul B: i didnt realise they sold these jets at b and q. i am female. using body jets means you dont have to get your hair wet!
4. can anyone recommend best method to install these body jets?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back