Zanussi WDJ 1013 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just acquired a Zanussi washer dryer, i'd say it's between 5-10 years old. It has a slight leak on top of the drum, I can't exactly see the specific start location, but it is running down the drum and shorting out some contacts.

In the approximate area there is the pipe which comes from the powder draw and into the drum, and what looks like a possible heater type thing for the dryer. I have taken off the insulation around the metal casing and there is rust type water stains all around it, and running down the side of the drum.

What is inside this metal box? Any water hoses etc? Or is the leak most likely coming from the hose originating from the powder drawer?

It only leaks slightly as the washing machine sometimes works, so the drip is obviously not enough to short out the contacts everytime. It mainly fails whenever the machine is used repeatedly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! If you need any more info, or even pictures just let me know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have now found the leak, well not 100% but i know a lot better. The metal casing I mentioned is leaking from within/underneath. THe water then drips down the drum and is shorting out contacts. It appears that one of the metal clips from the metal casing is missing and therefore water is coming out there.

I put the machine on to see the source of the problem. I really need to know what's in the metal casing. Also, the water leaked when the washer was spinning fast, so it seems that when under pressure the water leaks and not at other times.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back