AM I RIGHT

B

BOB.DOLE

IN THE CORGI BOOK it says if a tenant vacates the propertyu the landlord
needs to ensure that gas fittings/appliances are safe before reletting.

but adds it does not require a full safety check. only visual inspection of gas appliances.

so how can the landlord prove that this has been done.

Sponsored Links
The normally accepted evidence is a receipt detailing the work done and the CORGI details of the engineer concerned!

But you already know that!

Tony

It doesn't say who needs to do the check or what it entails. Arguably, the landlord could do it.

on a job today doing a gas safety check i took the working pressure and was 24mb and told the estate agent who was with me that we need to get transco out to reajust the gas meter regulater down to 21mb, we rang them up and out came transco, i was working in the next house as i had to do 10 in a row, and in came the estate agent and said transco gas engineer said that it was correct.

i then approched the transco engineer and said what do you mean its ok
he said its fine 24mb working pressure i said it should be 21mb anyway he got on the phone for about 20 mins then he came back to me and said sorry you are right and changed the meter gas regulator, which took him 45 mins to do, i asked him why did you not just turn the scew on the old regulator to the right pressure which would have taken 1 min to do, he said no mate we cant do that we have to change the lot,

after all this cr..ap he disapperared and when i checked it . it was 22mb
to me these transco engineers have not a clue.

i said to him turn 3 rings on the cooker when you do the working pressure
he said to me is there a combi in there i said yes then he said i will turn on the combi and the cooker just in case .

i thought t..osser

Sponsored Links
45 minutes to undo two big nuts attach a flexible anakonda governor assembly and do two new ones up? How do they get it done that quick?

Paul Barker said:
45 minutes to undo two big nuts attach a flexible anakonda governor assembly and do two new ones up? How do they get it done that quick?

barker i have got a nice pet shark and as asked me to take you fishing with us , easy job all you need to do is stick a hook in your big fat gob and jump over board, and leave the rest to me.

Bob Dole said:
a) a copy of the record made pursuant to the requirements of paragraph (3)(c) above is given to each existing tenant of premises to which the record relates within 28 days of the date of the check; and
(b) a copy of the last record made in respect of each appliance or flue is given to any new tenant of premises to which the record relates before that tenant occupies those premises save that, in respect of a tenant whose right to occupy those premises is for a period not exceeding 28 days, a copy of the record may instead be prominently displayed within those premises.

reads this

On another thread Bob, read what you post and put the brain in gear. :evil:

Chris said:

"""It doesn't say who needs to do the check or what it entails. Arguably, the landlord could do it."""

Within the context of the Gas Safety Regulations it would be safe to assume that the person doing the check would have to be "competent" and most sane people would say that to be competent he would have to have passed the ACS exams. If getting paid he should be CORGI registered too.

A certain RGI with a PhD in electronics only took the gas qualifications so that he could do the safety checks in his own properties.

Dont assume that BOB DOLE is totally stupid, he just likes to portray a different image!

Tony

Bob Dole said:
(b) a copy of the last record made in respect of each appliance or flue is given to any new tenant of premises to which the record relates before that tenant occupies those premises

You were saying Tony, if Bob knew the answer why did he ask, or was he too lazy to look

Bob is not the only one to make postings when he already knows the answer!

No barrister ever risks asking a question in Court unless he already knows the answer!

Tony

Agile said:

No barrister ever risks asking a question in Court unless he already knows the answer!

Tony

Not a good example Tony.

A Barrister is actually challenging another when asking the question, and not asking because he don't know.

doitall said:
Agile said:

Tony

Not a good example Tony.

A Barrister is actually challenging another when asking the question, and not asking because he don't know.
Can I quote you on that re. asking what a street elbow was ;) on another thread....being barrister-like sounds better than taking the P ;)

Nige F said:

Can I quote you on that re. asking what a street elbow was ;) on another thread....being barrister-like sounds better than taking the P ;)

Have I missed something :LOL:

BOB.DOLE said:
after all this .... he disapperared and when i checked it . it was 22mb
to me these transco engineers have not a clue.

i thought t..osser

Natural Gas meter Governors are set & sealed by the gas supplier. They are adjusted to give a working pressure of between 19-23mbars.

transco engineer was not incorrect... just a little dig from one of Bob`s poor installers who doesn`t know the Regs...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back