Gas safety check

fitz1 said:
benchmark would cover new install, but u would need cert for existing appliances and pipework.

Pipework can be tested as new.

All existing appliances would require the safety check as per the regs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help, just checked corgi site new appliances should be safety checked within 12 months of their installation date.

Steve

BOB.DOLE said:
a) a copy of the record made pursuant to the requirements of paragraph (3)(c) above is given to each existing tenant of premises to which the record relates within 28 days of the date of the check;

Within 28 days of the check. that reads 1year and 28days

and
(b) a copy of the last record made in respect of each appliance or flue is given to any new tenant of premises to which the record relates before that tenant occupies those premises save that, in respect of a tenant whose right to occupy those premises is for a period not exceeding 28 days, a copy of the record may instead be prominently displayed within those premises.

No problem it refers to the old boiler

tekkiesteve said:
Thanks for your help, just checked corgi site new appliances should be safety checked within 12 months of their installation date.

Steve

Shucks after I posted it on here for you as well :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Cheers doitall just thought i'd double check no offence but as i said i needed a definative answer.
Thanks again
Steve

tekkiesteve said:
Cheers doitall just thought i'd double check no offence but as i said i needed a definative answer.
Thanks again
Steve

Thought I did :cool:

Never mind I got a plug in the Argi. :LOL:

tekkiesteve said:

Steve

like i mean within 12 months if i where you i would get them checked by a suitable gas engineer before you get a tenant in the number of knubscull installers who as they say in the trade frow them in,

do yourself a favour and peace of mind of the tenants your moving in get yourself for £35 a proffesional gas safety check done stright away, because it can save you money in the long run, like bad installations which you can then call them out to rectifi

number 1 installation fault flow & return not in 22mm for the first 3 m with a differention valve fitted.

these fitters always run off in 6 inch 22 then stright into 15mm with the dierential valve fitted 6 inch from the boiler and it should be 3 meters but if you want to listen to doitall fitter when the pancakes fly they will all stick to the ceiling.

I dont understand why so many people have so much difficulty understanding regulations which are to me at least so easy to understand.

Can I give an example?

1st January 2006 Gas Safety Inspection

1st March 2006 Boiler fails and is replaced by a CORGI.

1st January 2007 Gas Safety Inspection

The new boiler does not need any new certification because it was fitted by a CORGI and as well he completed the Benchmark.

The annual inspection and Certificate was issued within 12 months of the installation of the new boiler.

Its pretty simple and obvious really.

Tony

Thank you Tony, some of us know that.

Poor old Bob thinks the guy that does the LGSC is a different one that does installation work.

As long as they are both CORGI it does not mater who does what.

All CORGIs are equal in the eyes of the law.

Tony

doitall said:

Poor old Bob thinks the guy that does the LGSC is a different one that does installation work.

well i find that installation fitters have very poor knowledge of gas regulations, i seem to find a fault on nearly every installlation i come across,

BOB.DOLE said:
doitall said:

well i find that installation fitters have very poor knowledge of gas regulations, i seem to find a fault on nearly every installlation i come across,

You may well be right, especially in London.

But think of it another way, if say 50% of every installation you come across is poor. What percentage would you give to Landlord certificates, being a duster and form filling exercise. Minimum checks, Certificates for mates, etc, etc. Sorry Bob, who checks the checkers, when the system is designed for abuse and rip-off merchant.

BOB.DOLE said:

Thanks for the generalisation, I am an installer & I have a very good knowledge of Gas regs because if I didn`t I wouldn`t be Corgi registered.I also consider myself literate..people in glass houses..throwing stones..& all that.

Good to see all you fitters agreeing with each other :confused: what hope is there for us mere mortals?

peter1450 said:
Good to see all you fitters agreeing with each other :confused: what hope is there for us mere mortals?

It would get very boring if we all agreed peter :eek:

Welcome to the forum :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back