Drainage for Shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm converting a workshop to a downstairs cloakroom. I want to install a shower cubicle. The floor is concrete. I want to raise the floor 5 or 6 mm to match the house floor level.
Can I bury the shower trap and waste in the concrete of the new floor (the trap is one I can clean from the top)? This would keep the step up onto the shower tray an a minimum .. in case by elderly parents need to use it.
Or, should I build a timber base on top of the new concrete to stand the tray on and to house the trap .. this way only the straight waste pipe will be buried but access would not be as easy for my parents unless I build a shallow step between the floor and the tray .. floor space may be a problem with this idea though.
I welcome any comments and or alternative ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly Glyn where is the shower waste going to go......?

Is it physically possible to connect to your waste system at such a low level....?

If you concrete the shower trap in, you will have a major job on your hands if anything goes wrong afterwards.

Simplicity tells me to build a frame to stand the tray on and run the waste at low level and then boxed it in. For your parents sake you could as you mentioned build a large 1/2 way step.

Hope this helps...... ;)

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back