island chimney hood ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I buy an island hood extractor, (the Zanussi cylindrical design) I need to know whether it is possible to duct out vertically. From the hood up to the ceiling, then horizontally through the floor, and then out vertically again. Will it get condensation at the corner? Are there condensation trap kits? and if yes are they effective? Replies greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi,

In theory, yes. If you postition the chimney so that it is not centered on a ceiling joist you will be able to take the flue straight into the ceiling (I assume this is a bedroom floor). If it's into a bedroom floor than it is possible that the flue can run in the ceiling space between the joists - you will probably have to use flex flue for this - to the nearest outside wall, through the wall and fix a vent. That won't be easy, the underfloor bit I mean.

Use the shortest run and the least bends you can. Condensation should not be a problem. Unless access is ample I would probably consider a recirculating kit, or some other way of hiding the flue in the kitchen.

Rgds.

PS I'm not sure why this is in the Electrics forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back