Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Today I went for a shower, and found my Gainsborough 9.5E would not supply any heat (not too much a problem in this weather, but it was ice cold!)

No fuses have tripped in my consumer unit, and the wall pull switch light was lit. My water pressure seems reasonable, is there a chance there is a cut off circuit that prevents the element from overheating? I've had a look but can't see any way to reset it within the unit.

Turning the shower full cold gave high pressure and reverse

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
dont know if this is of any help , i have just looked at instructions for my gainsborough energy 2000x. which is a 10.8 kw. rating.
on top of the heat exchanger on mine is a .thermal cutout/.there is no reset to it/ but i think if this goes open circuit [ knackered ] then it will cut the electricity getting to the heat exchanger so it will not heat up. im no sparky by the way , but i would give it the once over or get it tested with a meter for open circuit. best of luck. r.r.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back