Dishwasher / Washing Machine drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Dishwasher & Washing Machine are a good bit away from the kitchen sink. Therefore I have 2 problems that need sorted:

1. Drainage

2. Water Inlets

1. Am I better running a rigid plastic pipe from sink drainage to back of appliances where I can just fit bendy drainage pipes into? OR should I fit extra long bendy drainage pipes from appliances to sink?

2. The longest hot & cold inlet pipes I can find are 2.5m- not long enough for my needs? what can I do here?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It would be far better, assuming it is practicable, to extend both the waste pipe and the h/c pipes from the sink to a position close to the appliances, ending in two stand pipes for the wastes and the appropriate connectors for the h/c water feeds. It will look far better, avoid any standing (stagnating) water in long flex wastes, avoid pumping/syphoning issues, and be easier if the appliances have to be serviced.

I think that most appliances manufacturers will give max flex waste/supply pipe lengths in their installation instructions: it sounds like you may be beyond these.

Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back