Recommended ceiling paint please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are about to redecorate a bedroom and I am looking for advice on ceiling paint.
At present the ceiling has cracks where the plasterboard joins in several places. We intend to make that more secure somehow and then paint it with some sort of flexible paint that will cover over the cracks.
We arent keen on artex and dont want to replaster so does anyone have any recomendations on what we could use?
Any ideas gratefully received!
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Well the only thing that I can suggest is rake out the cracks, then fill, then place some jointing tape over the filled cracks then fill over the tape. I've never heard of any flexible paint for ceilings.

If the plasterboard has any movement it will only crack again!

Chuck some polyfilla in the cracks, then sand smooth. Then re-paint.
Either that, or see if you can find a tin of "Evenceil" - it'll cover the cracks alright but it's like painting with really thick emulsion. I used it once, and you can see brush marks with it.
I'd vote for polyfilla though.

Sponsored Links
I would guess that the cracks arnt that big (wide) on the ceiling..be careful when raking them out, you could cut through the joint tape itself, worsening the problem.

If the are deep and wide cracks then id fill, tape, caulk over and then line the ceiling with lining paper..if you have decent ventilation in there then a couple of coats of vinyl matt emulsion should be ok otherwise acrylic eggshell

I agree about the evencil stuff...its like glue and leave roller marks too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back