Washing machine in cellar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to move my washing machine from the kitchen into my converted cellar to gain some space. There is currently a basin & toilet in the cellar which is pumped out using a saniflow box thing.

My question is - can I take my washing machine drainage up the wall and outside to street level (where there is a drain) and expect the washing machine pump to do the job? (I guess it's about 1m height)

Or, can I tee the drain into the basin drain and out through the saniflow box?

Your advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
try it and see.

you will need to hold the hose up to the desired height to see if it works, w/m pumps can shift high volume but not to a great height

Many thanks. Sounds like a plan.

Does this mean that the saniflow option is not advisable? (just in case I find that the w/m will not pump 1m)

Cheers

breezer said:
try it and see.

you will need to hold the hose up to the desired height to see if it works, w/m pumps can shift high volume but not to a great height
the pump will be working hard, might not last long, don't know about the saniflow idea dosnt it only work when you turn it on to flush it? hope it works.

Sponsored Links
Think Saniflow pump is triggered by a level sensor - so a flush or tap running starts it up automatically.

A bit worried that it might not keep up with the emptying of a washing machine!

markmywords said:
Think Saniflow pump is triggered by a level sensor - so a flush or tap running starts it up automatically.

A bit worried that it might not keep up with the emptying of a washing machine!
be easy to try it though, the pump will be stronger than the washing machine but more expensive to replace if it too much for it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back