Builder or Plumber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to redo my bathromm in a house I've just bought. Upstairs bathroom at the moment only has a sink and a bath but I would like to install a toilet. The downsatirs toilet is directly below the upstairs bathroom. I know I need a soil stack but not sure who to ask to do this bit for me. Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
More importantly than exactly what kind of tradesman to engage, first find one that someone whose judgement you trust has recommended you use.

Having said that, you probably want the services of both - a builder to ensure that drilling through the floor is structurally safe and properly done, and a plumber to ensure that the nastiness is kept on the inside of the pipework.

Well I agree, but there's no guarantee that (a) the OP will be that lucky with set of local plumbers, and (b) there are no underfloor complications.

Sponsored Links
Do you know anyone that is a safe bet in South Manchester? None of my friends have bought houses or are involved with this kind of work.

A plumber can knock through the wall no probs, and regarding under-floor complications, there will be only joists to drill through, and any plumber knows where to drill, ( i hope :LOL:)

PS i hope me adding to your post doesn't offend you btw, ;) ( with you being a plumber and me not,) :LOL:

Am pretty much at the end of the M56 where it joins the A5103. So I think that's in between Stockport and St Helens.

if ur not in a rush i could have a look in about 3 to 4 weeks and give u a price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back