FLOORING - Probably a daft question - but help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if those "Loft Board" packs they do are suitable for using on other floors? I recently had to rip up a large section of floorboards to remove a chimney and they are too ropey to put back down.

If not, other than laying new pine floorboards, what is an easy and effective option that would satisfy any BR requirements.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Proper 8x2 foot waterproofed T+G flooring grade chipboard........it`s surprisingly cheap per sheet ;)

Loft board packs are suitable, but as the previous poster says, may not be the best solution. They do fit in your car easier though!

You will need to check that any old flooring that your are running up to is the same thickness. You need 19 or 21mm (Can't be sure which) and I reckon floorboards are less than that.

Swiss

Its not as strong as floor boards so make sure each free edge rests on a floor joist.

Sponsored Links
Good point about car ,Tony ...........but I run wrecks ;) Had a Fiat Panda once .....took all seats out........got a 3meter skip loading ramp in it from the hire shop :LOL: Shop blokes face was a picture. Had bags of sand in it , lumps of concrete etc.

Nige,

I can do you a nice little Mini, low mileage, one careful lady owner.

If you are going to buy it and get a couple of sheets of 8x2 flooring chipboard in, can you post some photos!

Swiss

chipboard is a terrible material. Use ply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back