MFI website causing my PC memory problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had problems with the MFI (www.mfi.co.uk) site? My laptop locked up earlier today when trying to browse this sites kitchens link. In the processes of Windows Task Manager it shows that iexplorer.exe continues to absorb more and more memory in increments of 2Mb every second or so. Is my machine the anomaly here?

Sponsored Links
I used it in the past & the design pages on it. Slow but no problems

Do you have the latest patches for your OS and the latest version of IE.

Smells like a massive memory leak.

It may not be IE or your OS but a possible Java applet usng an older version which is killing IE.

Jon.

After checking for MS updates, check your antivirus (you do have some don't you?) and also get some anti-spyware software (spyware is often ignored by AV software).

Sponsored Links
A bit late getting back, chaps, sorry.

I have IE (version 6) installed currently. Updates to the OS (XP home edition) are flagged automatically, but downloaded and installed manually. I use the following antiviri:

Ad-Aware : before each shut-down
Windows Defender : every couple of days or so
AVG- Free : every couple of days or so
Spybot Search & Destroy: twice a week

I have the basic ZoneAlarm firewall. I also have Windows Firewall; unwittingly, though, I have had it switched to off.

Puter's fine at mo' but I have not returned to the MFI site. Cheers

I have checked the site. Chances are he is using an old java package, coz the site relies on java, asp and other server side scripting. You never said what connection you had ? Dial up ? And is your Direct X upto date ??

Neil

Back