HELP! need expert troubleshooting advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Maytag (MAV7600) washer. After a complete cycle, we open the lid and its still full of water. Not every time, but quite frequently. I've checked the pump and lines - they are clear.

I've been trying to track this down for months. During the cycle I will sit and watch it. When it gets to the point where its supposed to rinse and spin it might do nothing. IF I open and close the lid it might suddenly start pumping the water out and spinning. Sounds like the lid switch. Most times, opening the lid does nothing. Instead if I spin the timer dial around and around then back to the rinse cycle, it starts pumping and spinning. Sounds like the timer but I just replaced the timer and it still does the same thing.

I checked the level switch and that opens and closes apparently properly.

The pump definitely works its just getting it started. Can it be the motor starter ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back