kitchen aid dishwasher wont wash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay I did not find this site until Now. I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. It worked fine until 1 month ago. Then it went out. No power. Got the repairman out here. It was a fuse. In the meantime the water stayed in the dishwasher. I got as much out as possible but not all. It was a little smelly. The fuse got repaired. Now, the dishwasher fills and drains fine, but there is no washing going on. I am thinking it is that something needs to be cleaned. Any suggestions before i call the repairman again...

Sponsored Links
Do you hear the motor running at all? If not, a bad door switch could cause this. You may have to remove the inner panel and check the switch with an ohm meter. Some dishwashers have two of them. If your motor does run, it may be getting jammed up with a piece of broken glass or the like. In that case you will have to disassemble the pump to find it.

Well, it fills with water. Then I hear a hum. then it drains the water. So I think the door jam is fine.

Is there anything I can check to make sure that something isnt clogged?

Sponsored Links
Your going to have to disassemble the dishwasher starting with the spray arm to see if there is anything jamming up your motor from running. Just keep track of how things come off so you can put them back the same way. If you don't find anything preventing the motor from turning you may have a bad motor. Even if you do find something, the motor may have burned out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back